Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last 11 days of work

Actually it's more like last 6 days of work. Next week I will be clearing all my days' off and just returning on the last day to return my laptop and security passes.

So it's happened and is finally happening. I'm leaving the company I've called my own for the past four years of my life and moving onto something completely new.

I guess this is what change means: Stepping into the unknown. Well it's known but not known at the same time. I know what the job entails but there are so many unfamiliar things in the new job, so many risks to take with my career, making new friends and colleagues and applying myself in a completely new environment.

But I digress.

EL has been growing so fast recently it has been completely a joy just watching her develop.

At five months, she was trying to sit up but without success. She could sit herself up only by holding out her hands and waiting to be pulled up. Once up, she could sit but shakily.

At six months, she could sit by herself quite comfortably.

THen at seven months, she suddenly discovered how to sit up without using her abdominals. So instead of sitting straight up as adults do, she'd go into a crawling position and tuck her legs underneath before propping herslf up with her hands.

Smart, right.

I thought it was pretty cool. Firstly because no adults in our family does that. I mean, maybe sometimes I lie sprawled with my ass in the air but I'm too clumsy to tuck my legs in to sit up. Too much work.

Secondly because it shows that she's aware of her own abilities and is doing something that affects her whole being.

She is also learning, very quickly, how to eat on her own. She's great at picking stuff up and stuffing her mouth with it. All kinds of things. Now she knows how to eat it as well.

So EL is moving into her eighth month and I'm moving into my new job. I hope it will be a risk worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment